Sunday, January 6, 2013

The other Goals

I've been trying to update for the last two days with no success! I have been attempting to use my iPad, but it just doesn't seem to want to work on this site. The Apple and Google wars, I'm sure.

The other benefits of cutting these things out, even if it proves that I am not allergic to them, is hopefully it will cause me to consume less fattening things and less carbs, helping me to lose weight. 
If I'm going to be honest here, I currently weigh 160 pounds. My BMI (body mass index) tells me I'm obese - I AM NOT OBESE, and this isn't coming from an obese person in denial either. 

I'm the chick in this picture (in case you hadn't picked up that this blogger is a lady yet). As you can see, not obese.
I just happen to be a bit larger in the bust area. This picture was taken I think in September or October. Granted, I gained some holiday weight, as every one does, but I still have a similar figure. That right there is why I do not agree with the BMI charts. 
So, to help along my healthier approach to eating, I of course need to exercise. I can eliminate as much as I want, but that's not going to make me healthy, even if I do drop the weight. Exercise will help my mentality, metabolism, my bones, and of course muscle and energy levels. 
We happened to be by Sears, which is closing down in Bellingham, and we stopped in to check out what they had left of their electronics. The only thing even pseudo useful were the SD memory cards, which were still over priced, even on sale. However, we meandered through, picking through suits, shoes, underwear - all the stuff that one needs to stock up on, but is generally costly. I happened to come across work-out wear and thought to myself, "Now is the time to buy sports bras." 
And I did. Three in fact. And a work out few work out shirts and some yoga pants. I am ready to hit the gym! Or run or something. 
A note on running: The bust thing makes running a huge discomfort. It hurts. I have a lot of weight on my chest, and it's not comfy. If I look down while running, I've been smack in the face. It is not my friend for this reason. 
Due to the chaos of the store and my general laziness, I didn't try anything on. 
When I did finally have a chance to try it all on at home, I was disappointed when my bras did not offer any of the desired support. In fact, they seemed to offer less support than my normal bras. I sighed, mostly expecting this. I have never had any luck with sports bras. However...layering them....
It took wearing all three bras to get anything near the desired support I needed. I think honestly I need just one more to make it perfect - But! I am to the point where I can run. I just hope that no one ever witnesses me only wearing the three bras because I know it looks down-right silly. 
I'm just missing trainers...didn't think that one through. Do Converse count?

I like to think myself fairly savvy on eliminating things from my diet. I cut back on dairy years ago, swapping from 2% milk in my cereal, coffees and what have you to soy/rice/almond/oat milk (depending one what's on sale when I buy it), and using soy butter when I lived in the UK (I haven't been able to find it here in Bellingham, which saddens me - it's delicious) or whatever else dairy-free butters, creamers, and so on. I have enjoyed it. I also don't eat meat, or at least land-walking meat. And I have cut out wheat in the past. I'm no stranger to being cautious about what I put into my diet. 
HOW DID I GET SO CARELESS???
Toby and I were filming a show and I decided to treat myself to a drink. There was nothing that sounded more delicious than a Brass Monkey (Pabst with a splash of orange juice in it. Make it taste like a Blue Moon and is usually way cheap). I thought for just a moment to scan what else they have on tap, and I happened to spy Angry Orchard. 
"Cider," I thought. "I need to have that." But there was more to it than that. Cider was ringing out to me as a must-find, but I couldn't quite place why. "Oh right! It's not wheat-based!" 
Then it dawned on me.
I had a Heineken the night before! How could I have missed that??? And how did I go a full 24 hours before I realized it? 
I need to get rid of the beer in my fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment